In the interest of distracting myself from the looming half-marathon (still 1.5 weeks away)--and as a thank-you to everyone for reading and helping out this far--I am hosting my inaugural BQby40 giveaway.
I'm going to try to do one of these every month or so. My plan is to use products from companies and individuals based in Boulder for these contests. Boulder has been very good to me. As a daily beneficiary of this town's beauty and kid- and runner-friendliness, I want to give something back. Plus, there are so many fantastic locally-produced items here, most made with good health in mind, that I don't see running out of ideas any time soon (though I will deviate if something runner-friendly and really great comes up from somewhere else).
So without further ado: my first giveaway is.....four boxes of Justin's Nut Butter squeeze packs!
Justin's is a homegrown Boulder company but rapidly expanding throughout the country. Read their story on their site (and order some of their products if the stores listed don't include yours). And of course enter the giveaway!
What I've got for one lucky winner (who hopefully will have a large sweet tooth like me) is one box each of the Chocolate Peanut Butter, the Chocolate Almond Butter, the Honey Peanut Butter and the Honey Almond Butter. Each box contains 10 1.15-oz. squeeze packs. Should be enough nut butter to last you a while! The ingredients (this being Boulder) are all-natural and mostly organic. And they are tasty.
To enter, do any, some or all of the following things (one comment for each you do, to maximize your chances of winning!):
1) Follow my blog and leave a comment telling me you've done so (or tell me you're already a follower).
2) Go to Justin's site and then leave a comment on my blog saying which kind of nut butter would be the first you would try (or if you've tried them already, tell me your favorite).
3) If you've been to Boulder or live around here, tell me in a comment your favorite story about Boulder.
4) Post about this giveaway on your own blog and then leave a link to your post in a comment here.
5) Tell me in a comment one thing you'd like to see more of on my blog.
6) Know of runners (including yourself) who have an inspiring story about qualifying for Boston on their blog? Post a comment with that link here.
The contest ends on Saturday, March 26 (that's the day before my half-marathon) at noon Mountain Time. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and will be posted that afternoon.
Good luck and thanks so much for reading!