Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sick As A Dog

What a week this has been!

1) We moved! This went really well--we love our new house. But we're all still getting used to the new routine.

2) Yesterday afternoon I came down with a stomach virus or food poisoning (not sure which, though I hope it's the latter so there's less chance of the kids or Dan getting it). I've spent most of today in bed clutching my crampy tummy and throbbing head. But I think I'm now on the mend. I even feel a little hungry, which is a good sign.

3) Before the bug got me, I rose early and went for an awesome five-mile tempo run yesterday morning. Running is the best way to explore a new place. I discovered that our new house is on top of a hill, so almost any direction I run means running uphill on the way back. I also found that we're in walking distance of *four* parks (two of which have swimming pools), the city rec center, a high school track and an alluring golf course.

Does anyone else out there like to run on golf courses? Is this something I should feel guilty about? There were no golfers out yet when I ran it, just one guy mowing. But I didn't see any other runners or walkers out there, which made me wonder. I guess it's better to ask forgiveness than permission, right? I mean, surely my New Balance running shoes won't do any more damage to the course than a pair of golf spikes.

That's it for now! I'm hoping I'm totally over this thing (and the resulting dehydration) in time for Saturday's long run.

2 comments:

  1. The stomach bug has been going around my neighborhood but I'm trying really, really hard to avoid it. Hope you feel better soon.

    I have never went running on a golf course before...not sure if it's ok or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Sorry you are feeling so sick. Bleck!

    Congrats on being all moved in though and sounds like you are in a really awesome area. :)
    We live at the top of a hill too... no way to get home without hill work. :)

    ReplyDelete