Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mesa Trail Redux!

The foliage along the trail is at its fall peak!
My friend Wendy, whom I've known for almost 20 years and still lives in NYC, visited us this weekend. Yesterday she suggested that for my long run, we go somewhere with trails so she could hike while I ran. Excellent idea! So I did my 90 minutes on the Mesa Trail.

Some of you may recall that this is one of four "classic Boulder runs" I tried to complete last spring before launching into marathon training. I got three of the four done, including a two-hour jaunt on the Mesa Trail. It's a wonderful place to run, especially in October when it's still warm and dry (but not TOO warm or dry). And I'm pleased to say that on yesterday's excursion I felt so much stronger than I did last spring. One day later, I have no soreness, whereas last time I felt as though I had done a race. A good sign!

After we had finished, Wendy and I went to the Boulder Farmers' Market, had lunch, picked up some treats for later--and she took this video of me hula hooping (still in my running clothes). Hope you all had as fun a weekend as we did!


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! I am thinking of maybe coming down for the Bolder Boulder sp? next year with my sister. If I do I want to meet you! i have heard such fun things about that run.

    Nice hula moves btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! You can realy move those hips too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a great weekend--good friend, awesome trails, running/hiking and a farmer's market. The best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some skills with the hula hoop! I tried it with my kids a couple weeks ago and I couldn't keep it up for the life of me! Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red in that first picture.
    GIRL! You can hula hoop like nobodies business! My daughter is a crazy hula hooper, but I apparently lost all my skills in the past 30 years or so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, That. Is. Beautiful. I love where you live :o) My sister went to Boulder College of Massage Therapy and then lived in various places in Colorado for a few years after that. I always loved visiting her out there and was sad when she moved (although she moved to Tahoe, and it was pretty to visit her there, too hehe). Anyway, it is just such a beautiful part of the world and you are so lucky to live there! I remember going to the farmers market too - lovely. anyway it sounds like you had a perfect weekend! so so happy for you! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a kick ass weekend! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at me look at me!!!!!
    you are better than me at hula hooping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks beautiful. Great job on your run! Glad you weren't sore afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute hoola-hooping :). I know I used to do that as a kid but I've tired a few times when my kids were little and we had one and I couldn't do it anymore. Whaaaa!!

    Excellent weekend we just had (unlike today - bleh!!!! It rained here all day and worse, was freezing cold as I stood at a track meet for 2 hours!!), so glad you got out to enjoy the pretty trail! Love these fall colors in the city!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I guess I misspelled "Hula hoop" - sorry!

    ReplyDelete