|One of many wonderful "says-it-all" cards you can find at Banana Blossom Press. Perfect for a running partner, supportive spouse or coach!|
I was honored when Maria contacted me last summer to tell me she was thinking of using a quote from my "Why I Run" essay (which appeared on Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell's "another mother runner" blog) on her next T-shirt. Two weeks ago, she sent me the first version of that shirt, which reads "Every run is redemption," the last line of my essay. She also sent me two other great T-shirts and a sample of the understated and elegant cards she's created just for runners.
|I wore this one on the plane to Virginia. It says "no run=cranky+moody". So true!|
|This is the "Every run is redemption" shirt. Maria tells me she's going to lighten up the colors in the final version.|
|This one says "running. it's family thing." Awesome for my fellow parent-runners.|
So what's the giveaway? I'm offering one lucky winner the T-shirt of your choice and one set of cards of your choice (and yes, Maria does offer guys' shirts, so you dudes should enter too!). Here's what you should do if you'd like to be that winner:
1. Follow my blog and leave a comment telling me you do.
2. Go to Banana Blossom Press, have a look around and leave a comment telling me which shirt and which set of cards you would choose if you win.
1. Follow Banana Blossom Press on Facebook and let me know in a comment.
2. Follow Banana Blossom Press on Twitter and let me know in a comment.
3. Donate to my Houston Food Bank cause. This is good for TWO entries to the giveaway (and if you've already donated you automatically get two entries per donation; donating again will get you two more).
I'll choose a winner on Monday, December 5.
I hope everyone had a Thanksgiving brimming with blessings. Ours was a wonderful but crazy week. I'll tell you all about that, and today's 18-mile run, in my next post.